Saturday, February 2, 2013

Power of God's Words.

I just want to start off noting on how I have been slacking on reading the Word of God. According to my journal, it has been nearly half a month.

This morning, I felt as if God woke me up literally an hour early on purpose to read from the book of his Words and of course I slacked even in my warm cozy bed for another half hour.

I don't have the ability to hear which verses he wants me to look at; I just follow my heart on whatever verses I think he would want me to read.

I know there are many others out there who are still baby Christians and some people will say that it is wrong to flip through the pages in the Bible just to randomly choose a verse.

I don't think that is wrong at all! Every single letter and word you read in the Bible is a message from God.

Some verses may not relate to you at the moment but whatever you read, God wanted you to read those verses.

I flipped through the bible only once and came across a message I gave to a dear friend in hardship.

What I didn't notice last night but noticed this morning is the message God had for me right next to my friend's.

Ecclesiastes 11:9-10

"You who are young, be happy while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment. So then banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, [for youth and vigor are meaningless.]"

Take a moment to breathe that all in.

When reading this, some readers might just brush it off because it did not relate.

To me, it is the second most powerful verses I have read this year of 2013.

I am still quite young and lately I have been worrying and thinking about a lot of things at are all answered in these two verses. I am learning the step of letting my heart give me joy. I have gone through so many deep-wounded scars, I did not think I deserved joy. There are a couple of things that I want to follow my heart for:

1) My dream of going to UCLA
2) Living in California [again]
3) Living a life filled with God's love for me and sharing with others.


I have many more to list but notice how I put God third?

I thought about changing it back to the first but decided to leave it in this order. Why? Because I can't deceive God by saying, "oops, let me go back in time and change how I think about my priorities".

God knows what I want most but sincerely knows that I will always have him above anything in this life.

What my eyes currently see is how I can choose a career path that will lead people to Christ by using FOOD! I know it sounds ridiculous but I love food and as much as I live for God... Food comes right behind him. Everyone loves food and it is one of the best tools to use when it comes to bringing God's loved daughters and sons to him.

Recently, I learned that what we do on Earth will be judged upon God- which makes me want to succeed and achieve even higher to please God.

Casting troubles off my body is a challenge because I can see it through my body.

God tells us to not worry... yet as human beings, we worry. One of the methods God uses to show me [a very visual learner] is by giving me a skin problem called Psoriasis. Research and doctors say there is no cure. Of course not! It is a life-long problem that God has cast on me to teach me many lessons to come.

When I am stressed out too much, the Psoriasis occur almost instantly and I have to learn from it. When I am under the attack of the Psoriasis... I cannot go outside or do anything.

One time, I could not leave the house for a month. If I were to leave, I had to wear long sleeves to cover every inch of my body. I could not work for a whole month to almost two months. I don't resent or hate God for giving me Psoriasis. No matter how nasty it gets, I am thankful that he did not use such other methods as being handicap or even any other disorder.

I thank God for every day I am alive and healthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment