Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Definitions of Love.

A few days ago, someone posted a status on Facebook asking:

"What is a definition of love?"

I was currently sitting in the library at school studying John 15:1-17
and since I already had my bible with me [for the first time to school] I decided
to turn all the way back to the index and found the word "love".

There were about 10+ verses that consisted of "love".

I narrowed it down to these verses [see below] that seemed reasonable definitions to what "love" is.

Romans 13:10
"Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law".

John 15:13
"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends".

Matthew 22:39
"... Love your neighbor as yourself".

1 John 4:16-19
"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us".

No comments:

Post a Comment