Sunday, April 26, 2015

You Worry Too Much.

Yep, who doesn't worry "too much"?

I don't even have a pun for worrying as much as I do.

I mean, c'mon I'm only 23 years old, give me a break.
Nonetheless, my soul is of a 50+ year old.

A side story of my background and why my soul is 50+ years old:
As the oldest in the family and first generation to move to the U.S. from S. Korea, I basically had to step into BOTH my parents' shoes as soon as I could start speaking English.

Boy' I will tell you, I had one hell of a miserable childhood. Oh wait, I didn't get a childhood. I had "adulthood" slapped onto my face since I could start speaking the 'American' language.

All the worries and paranoia my parents' had about hiding from people who ring our doorbells to calling customer service hotlines every other day, things were tough.

Everyone experiences their own level of stress/worry in their lives and I'm not saying that mine's the worst. One of my hugest pet peeves is when they say "there are far worse-off people out there". Uh, sorry to burst your bubble but, I wasn't talking about someone else... I'm talking about me because I am ME.

What inspired me to write this post?

Well if you would like to know, there was going to be an 'annual unit inspection' going on at the apartment I currently reside in. What's wrong with that scenario? Not much unless you aren't on the lease and you have a dog that growls at strangers from a room with closed doors...

Why am I not on the lease? Well almost a year ago around this time, I left my one-year contract lease from the previous apartment and was planning on staying with my dad and sister (whom are on the current lease + a cat) for a few months until I moved to California. Yep, plan L.A. was back in action.

What changed?

I met the love of my life at the last event I was celebrating my departure; Paradiso 2014.

Anyways, since then, I've stayed at this apartment without adding my name or dog to the lease because we all know how pricey it can get. Especially when my dog isn't a tiny little chihuahua or poodle. She's about 35-40 pounds and it's usually more expensive on pet deposit policies.

So the lady came while my boyfriend and I were leaving for the day and THANK GOD, literally, there was a unfamiliar face who came for the inspection. I knew the two ladies who managed the apartment complex but this lady was new. Later, I found out from my sister that there was a new manager in town.

In the end, she was inside for like 30 seconds, said I'm good to go, and we parted ways.

Moral of the story? I worried over my head for nothing. My parents' have built a default-worry/paranoia mindset whenever the smallest of things could "possibly" go wrong.

Until next time,
XOXO Alekkz

No comments:

Post a Comment